Pai Gow Tournaments are growing widely popular at online casinos. There are two variants of Pai Gow Tournaments one that is played with dominos and other with poker cards.It is mostly a game of skill and is not very difficult to learn and utilize proper strategies in the game. Each player plays against the same dealer’s hands, which gives everyone an equal chance to win. At Pai Gow tournaments competing against the top players adds a touch of excitement in the game, especially for players who look forward to winning the tournament rather than the prize money.
Online Pai Gow Tournaments
Online Pai Gow tournaments are available at online casinos and are fun and quick ways to achieve a majestic win without having to wager too much amount from your bankroll. You also find tournaments for a lot of other games like roulette, poker, blackjack and pokies games.
The best part of online Pai Gow tournaments is that you will play with players around the world and other thing that there is no fee to enter the tournament. Only you need to be the member of the online casino by registering yourself with your mobile or PC and opening your casino account with real money to purchase the buy-in fee, since they will not be required to use their personal bankroll during the tournament.
Once you have paid your fees and filled in other formalities of an online Pai Gow tournament, the online casino will provide you with a set number of credits that can be used throughout the tournament. Each player is given the same number of credits since the entry fee is the only type of payment that is being made by the Pai Gow online poker participant.
The game is over for you once the tournament time is up or you finish up your credits. In the end, your score will be calculated and compared with other players to determine the winner of the entire Pai Gow tournament.
The Rules of Pai Gow Tournaments
As said above Pai Gow poker c is a combination of poker and domino, while the hand ranking is the same as Texas hold’em. This online game can be played between seven players, with one joker card and 52 other cards. The joker is the wild card and can be used only with a joker to complete a flush, straight flush or straight, or as an ace card.
Each player on the Pai Gow online tournament table is handed seven cards and the ultimate goal of each player is to beat the hand of the dealer. Next, the player has to divide the cards between their two hands, one with the best five cards and the other with the best two cards. These hands must be placed in such a way that the five-card hand is better than the two-card hand.
Next, all the hands in the online game are put on the table face down. Next, the dealer divides his cards just like everyone else. Once this is done, all the cards turn face up automatically for comparison.
The outcomes of the Pai Gow tournaments
There are three outcomes of the online Pai Gow tournament game:
- If both hands of the dealer are beaten, the player wins the wagered amount of money
- If the dealer and the player win with one hand or tied each, it is a ‘push’ situation; in such cases, both parties do not win any money and changes hands
- The player loses the staked amount if the dealer wins both hands; the dealer can also win with one hand or both hands are tied
Most online Pai Gow tournaments at online casinos have more than three different progressive jackpots. This means that players from all around the world have a better chance of winning the tournament. Some mega jackpots hit with a seven-card straight flush while another jackpot can be won with five aces. The jackpots of this game depend entirely on which online casino you are playing at.
Tips to win the Pai Gow Tournament
The following tips might help you win the Pai Gow Tournament
- When you have a flush, straight, or no pair, play the highest card with your high hand (five-card hand) and the second two highest cards in the line on your low hand (two-card hand).
- Spilt two pair where the top pair is aces. Similarly, when the top pair is kings, spilt unless the other pair is deuces and then play the two highest remaining cards on the low hand.
- Keep the flushes and the straights together unless you also have a three-of-a-kind or two pairs. Then, split them up and shift them to your high hand. Follow the same strategy if you have two pairs.
- If you have a three of a kind, spilt and keep the flush or straight intact, while moving the pair to your low hand.
Remember that Pai Gow is a very easy game to learn. All you need to do is follow the rules of the game and apply the best strategy to win the Pai Gow tournament. If you are a new player we would recommend that you try Pai Gow for free first at online casinos before you enter the tournament so that you understand the rules of the game and know how to play the game with efficiency.