Pai Gow is simple game to play if you know the rules of the game. Being a high roller player you know how to reduce the house edge in the game of Pai Gow by applying best strategies to the game. You also know how important are the both hands in Pai Gow Poker, but here are few more of the best tips to play Pai Gow as a high roller to further bend the odds in your favour.
As a new player you only focus on creating the best five-card poker hand and neglecting the two-card poker hand although the rules clearly state that both the hands created by players must beat both the hands created by dealers. Therefore you should create a strong five-card poker hand and a strong two-card poker hand. Like if players have two pairs in the original seven-card hand dealt to them, they should put the higher pair in their five-card hand and the lower pair in their two-card hand.
High rollers should also understand the difference between Pai Gow Poker and Bonus Pai Gow Poker. Pai Gow Poker does not offer players any bonuses for getting high-value combinations in their original seven cards. If you want extra bonuses, you must play the Bonus version, not this poker variant. To lower the house edge further and win the game play bonus Pai Gow as said above.
- If you do not get straights, flushes, or pairs in your original seven-card hand, must place the highest card in your five-card hand and reserve the second and third best cards for your two-card hands. If you get only one pair, you must keep that pair for your five-card hand and the best two cards among the rest should be used to create the two-card hand.
- You should split two pairs between the two hands, if you get two pairs. If you get two seven or lower pairs, they must be split if you do not have a king or better too. If players get one seven or better pair and one low pair, they must be split if they do not also have an ace.
- If you get three pairs, the best pair must be used for the two-card hand and the other two pairs should be retained for the five-card hand.
- If your first seven cards contain a three of a kind, the combination must be retained in the five-card hand and the best of the rest of the cards must be used for the two-card hand.
- If you get three aces must keep two aces in your five-card hand and one ace in your two-card hand.
- You who get a flush must maintain a low flush in your five-card hand and place the rest of the cards in your two-card hand. If you get two pairs and a flush you must not take the flush into consideration and split the pairs as mentioned above.
- If you get a full house must put the pair in your two-card hand and three of a kind in your five-card hand.
Also four of a kind must be treated as two pairs. If you get five aces, three must be used in the five-card hand and two in the two-card hand.
High rollers or pro players would normally place the low pair in their two-card hand and the high pair in their five-card hand. However, players can keep both pairs in their five-card hand if their total value is lower than ten and players also have a king or an ace and their total value is lower than sixteen and players also have an ace. The total value is obtained by simply adding their face value. For instance, the total value of a four pair and a ten pair would be 14.
Now next time when you begin to play Pai Gow as a high roller remember these wonderful tips to follow at both online and land real casinos to play Pai Gow and win big.